The museum now is saving and displaying more than 16.000 artifacts, documents and pictures. There are more than 10.000 books in the library.
>>> things to do hanoi Vietnam
If you wanna travel to Vietnam but don’t know anythings about things to do in dalat, you can look at in this topic.
Southern Women’s Museum is a familiar destination for the locals and foreigners when travelling in Ho Chi Minh city.
In the past, it was Nguyen Ngoc Loan Palace. In 1984, it was used to be the traditional house of Southern Women. It became Southern Women’s Museum from 1990.
Southern Women’s Museum in Ho Chi Minh city
The museum now is saving and displaying more than 16.000 artifacts, documents and pictures. There are more than 10.000 books in the library. The exhibitor includes 3 floors with 8 rooms and the following subjects:
– Women Movement – Vietnam Women’s Union Assembly
– Vietnamese women’s tradition
– Commemorating Ho Chi Minh president
– The fighting of Southern Women in US and French wars
– Southern women’s clothes and accessories
– Southern women’s daily life
– Traditional dresses of Southern women
– The houses in 3 areas of the South: the Eastern, Western, and highland
Besides, there are a lot of thematic exhibitions, such as:
– Weaving and traditional weaving productions of Southern women
– Southern women’s jewelries in 17th century
– The kitchen of Southern women
– Southern wedding at the end of 19th century
– Rural market in the Southern at the beginning of 20th century
Nowadays, the museum is cultural and educational central of women to reserve and promote women’s tradition.
Add: 202 Vo Thi Sau street, precinct 7, district 3, Ho Chi Minh city
Opening hours: 08:00 – 11:30 & 13:30 – 16:30
See more: Tips for visiting Viet nam